Sunday, May 31, 2009

When she's sick...

Ani has her rough side. Her tough side.  Her willful, my-way-or-the-highway side. But when she's sick...oooh, this girl is sweet.  She sat in this camp chair this morning, in the kitchen, wrapped in her sleeping bag, so she could be close to me while I did the dishes and got some breakfast going.  She kept up a steady patter that went something like this:
Oh, Mama.  Thank you for doing the dishes, Mama.  I just didn't want to get my hands all dirty, so I'm not doing the dishes, so thank you for doing them, Mama.  Know what I'm going to do for you, Mama? You know what? I'm going to dig my thumbs into your shoulders. I'm going to dig my thumbs into your shoulders and I'm going to scratch you, like those good kind of scratches that feel good on your back.  Mama? I love you, you are a sweet sweet Mama.  (makes sound of a kiss and then blows it across to me as I stand, doing the dishes with a great big smile)

1 comment:

Merry said...

Oh Ani pooh. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. What's wrong, pumpkin? I don't like it when you're sick, but you're good company for your mama while she washes the dishes. I hope you feel better soon. I love you!