Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother Bars for Mothers (and Others)

I have been meaning to post this recipe since December, when I came home from making them for new mama Bubbie in Seattle.  My friend and amazing chef, Kimmy, invented these wonderful granola-type bars, and gave me permission to share them, as long as you don't use them for commercial use!  She calls them Mother Bars because she makes them for any new mothers she knows, but really? We all eat them. 

edited 5.31.11
Mother Bars is on fire!!!! Kimmy and her family are selling them at farmers' markets in Richmond, Virginia, so go there and buy some!!! I have happily removed the recipe at her request, to protect her secret goodness, though to be honest, I have never gotten mine to taste quite as good as hers...She's got the magic touch and the creative mind, to be sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing. Happy Mother's Day.

Annie said...

MMM... Happy Mother's Day!