Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gallery

More rain today - so welcome for the garden and so fitting our spirits this week, but everything feels wet, and I mean everything. The floor. The walls. The banister.  Nothing in the bathroom is drying out. My hair. The air. Get the picture? Wet. I woke up feeling under the weather so we canceled our plans for a playdate and stayed out of the rain...playdough, make-believe, scrounging for a creative and nourishing lunch - our first order from the buying club arrives tonight, so I've been holding off on grocery shopping 'till it's here - a movie, lots of reading, more playdough...it's one of those days.  No Dan for dinner, so it's sandwiches and edamame for dinner for the girls, leftover kale, sweet potatoes and as much garlic as I can stomach for me...

:: :: :: ::
One day last week, the girls and Jessica painted self-portraits. This is Anika's.
Jessica's
Eliza's.
There was a lot of discussion about skin tone and mixing colors.  I love the way they turned out!

3 comments:

spurfer said...

Jessica's is GOOD! She may have missed her calling with this whole "altruism" thing. :D

erin said...

I love these self portraits and I think it's cool that Eliza's nose goes the other way!

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

wonder-full :)

xo
s