Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spinning

We are in the midst of two weeks of beginnings - classes, gatherings, patterns, relationships - and I am too in the heart of it to be able to reflect as I feel I am needing to...Details are falling into place for our various new commitments, but there are other facets that are needing more attention - not the where and how but the connections we are making or are trying to forge with people.
This has never been a difficult aspect of life for me, but it seems that during this season of late summer and early fall I am immersed in the more complicated layers of Relationship.   Some of it is personal, and most of it has to do with how to balance your personal relationships with the greater community web.  This is challenging me and I am feeling unsettled much of the time, anxious and taking great care before stepping my next step.
I am grateful for enough perspective to see this as a challenge of this moment, hoping that it will lead me to a deeper understanding of how things work between members of a community who may not see eye-to-eye but have a common goal in mind.  

I am torn between the  high spinning  of anxious feelings and the draw towards being still and waiting, listening, at a time of year when I am usually off and running, spurred on by the winds and the swirling motion of fall...

I am trusting that by moving slowly and listening for clarity, threads will untangle and we can begin the work of enjoying fully the glory of this season.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds busy. :)

none of that going on here... at least, not today. that may change tomorrow!

Presence in the midst of Chaos (or Change, as some people call it - it usually seems like Chaos to me :) ) can only be a good idea!

slim pickins said...

YES! too busy...after a year of Slowing Down, somehow our energy is going more outward right now...trying to figure out something that feels right for all of us, in the in-between, knowing that it usually becomes crystal clear pretty quickly but sitting here in the Before and the Unknown...

Reba said...

There is a "busyness" of being home that can fill you up right now as you wait. Tending to the relationships of your little family and making your home a place of creativity and comfort for the upcoming change to winter. It is good to spend time on those kinds of things sometimes and it's okay to focus on them for a season. Perhaps the clarity you are seeking will come after you spend some time focusing on other things. hoping you know what i mean....
sending you love,
-r