Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our matchbox babies

Ani and I had a second day of loveliness yesterday, before preparing to host a potluck and welcome back the rest of our family, and it started with her finding one of the matchboxes I've been saving for some crafty purpose as yet unrevealed to me.  I suddenly remembered these cutest of creations (you should go look. especially if "tiny" and "sweet" make you feel happy), and we gave it our on-the-spot-whaddo-we-got try...It's definitely the low-tech version...

We covered the outside of the box with leftover handmade wrapping paper from Christmas (I am not a hoarder, I am not a hoarder).
Then we rolled up little pieces of paper, taped them closed, drew on some faces...
...and tucked them into bed!
Come on. Pretty cute, aren't they? Ani thought so, and that was what counted...No matter that I didn't have pink felt or a wooden bead to use for a doll...
This couple must be enjoying their new digs, 'cause they were joined today by two new babies! That's right, it's a family bed.
(Yes, yes, we needle felted again today...)

3 comments:

Kerry said...

You actually have a bunk bed there I think. sooooooo cute!

Stephanie said...

aaw, sweet!

all creatures around here sleep in beds with lots of others! :)

denise said...

They are cute. :)