Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Day We Needed

Fridays I've been working two "shifts" - one in the morning, starting the harvest while the girls are at a friend's house, and then in the evening, when Dan gets home.  I was beat by Friday, the girls had had plenty of time with large groups of children (this friend's family has 5 and they had just been to our house while their mom had an appointment on Thursday), and I decided to save some of the harvesting for early Saturday morning instead. I was feeling tapped out, needing to be home, needing to let our day flow as it would...and it did.

There was mad bouncing on the furniture...
Illegal climbing of the bannister (I took the picture first, then reminded her that it's probably not a good idea...) in order to help create a "well"...
And neighbor kids just loving their summer vacation and all too happy to jump into "band time with pirates"...


We all were fed - literally (miso soup, tacos, afternoon coffee...) and figuratively (come on - this last picture? I was in heaven. And they did this most of the day, so I also got to finish the second Twilight book from the library...).   And while I harvested, they hiked and ate ice cream with Pops.  Happy happy day.

1 comment:

Dan said...

i especially love this last picture - those are my kids!