Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Noticing

I am feeling so grateful for the amount of time we have right now. 
This looks a little like the brown stone fly cocoons we found in winter - I wonder if it is the same, or something new? Look how very well camouflaged it is among these branches - I at first thought it was a small seed cone.
 
Time to notice the very small details of our world.  
It is sometimes tempting to be lulled by the business of Things To Do - the business of life, of imagined priorities, of producing tangible evidence of our daily learning and existence...
Ani exclaiming and drawing me back to show me a fern. She noticed every single one we passed.
But there is Something calling our Wisest Selves back out to notice this...
Blue-eyed Mary (or Merry - hi mama!)
 ...and this...
...and this...
oh my. oh oh my. broken wing, but so beautiful. we gently laid it aside to live out its hours.
 ...and this.
Discussing the size of the fish that might nibble toes
  
It doesn't take much time to notice, but I wouldn't trade a minute of the lingering, wondering, and being of these days...what else could be more important right now?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all we have. NOTHING is more important...and I love how you capture it all! -Debbie

Anonymous said...

Oh...and I love that first pic. Ani looks like she is in total AWE!

5orangepotatoes said...

I agree nothing more important!
I LOVE your header, and the one little leg tucked in the feathers. Great shot Debbie!

lisa

Dan said...

gosh i just love you.

Stephanie said...

Just wonderful.
I love all this.

And I wanna play outside in the warm. :)

cheryl said...

So many things to see. Its nice to take the time to see them. How much we miss.

Grace said...

It is a beautiful world---