Sunday, August 8, 2010

On the Road

We're on our annual journey to see family up north in Wisconsin...and it was off to a running start yesterday, spending the day with The Boy Cousins...
oh yes, it was a wonderful day, and that's not all...we decided to spend the night...a tent was put up,
...wood was collected, and a fire was built...
My sister-in-law speaks my language of food, and had made homemade graham crackers!!!!! I will definitely share the recipe when I get it (or maybe she'll share it???), but I will never buy another graham cracker again. As if that weren't enough, she made the chocolate as well...Suffice it to say, the s'mores were the best I'd ever eaten.
The evening ended with a tumble of kids (5 of them!) and 2 uncles in a tent, reading Molly Whuppie stories under the stars.  The mamas and the baby slept inside, but awoke early in the a.m. to the sound of thunder so ran out to "rescue" them from the tent (ahem - really, we just wanted to peek at them, but then it started to thunder in earnest).  The morning was a lovely continuation of the night, huddled around the table, listening to more stories, with the dark sky around us...
We are off to an excellent start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I wish you great luck on your quest for the best graham cracker. I can't wait to try these!! That picture of Ani with a boy cousin is pretty friggin cute.

Love you!
Jessica