Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gallery: Finding her style

Eliza will often complain that Anika is "copying" her while they draw.  It would be pretty hard not to, and I've tried to explain that that is how she is learning how to draw, and that someday she will have her own style.  Paging through some of the recent drawings in Ani's notebook, I think she is coming closer to finding that style...
 

This one scares me just a bit...think highschool beauty queen...
The experimentation with noses is so interesting to me...

Here is the giant Matrioshka doll, and her little friend.  I love the details in her clothing - the patterns and the pockets.

Couldn't have a gallery without a drawing from Eliza. There is some good nose experimentation here as well - many of her recent portraits are playing with "smile lines" and some of the other subtle details of the face.  I like the composition of this one, the rows of flowers, and the negative space of the clouds.

Don't these look like girls you'd like to know?

4 comments:

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

Sigh... We have tanks, spaceships, flying monsters, and gun-toting guys. All this with how little exposure they have to this stuff!

Orlando drew a picture of a cheetah the other day and I nearly died in gratitude!

I've always admired your girls' styles and drawings.

Kerry said...

Ani is certainly coming into her own. The attention to detail and the variety that she presents in her figures is wonderful. I like it that she drew a bare-midriffed girl! And it isn't even summer yet, so you know she observed it and filed it for later use:)

Reba said...

I am amazed at the girls' drawing. I think it's really interesting that they draw so many people. :) My boys draw people but they are of the knight or starfighter variety for the most part. Although E did draw a princess once that was being married to his knight. :) Give the girls a big hello from us.
xoxo
reba

alissa said...

love the floral mumu! beautiful. lucy really never does anything like these. your girls are unique and amazing!!!