Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'll start with today and we'll see how far I get with catching myself up with our past week...We are in a lull between two sets of houseguests, which for us means a couple of grouchy catch-up days and then some quiet.  Today looked like blustery chill...perfect for muffins and tea...and rummaging through the recyclables for some craftiness (not my idea! I was busy making the afore-mentioned muffins).  Piano playing (Deck the Halls already!) and knitting.  And glitter glue.
Santa and the Mrs. Lovely use of T.P. rolls, I think
Helmet Head
My sister and my niece came to town a week ago, leaving behind the first snowstorm of the year in Wisconsin. We were all a bit under the weather, but managed a lovely visit just the same. Friday Eliza and her cousin went to Farm School, which meant Ani got to spend the day with me (no big deal) and her beloved Auntissie (really big deal).
Ani told me during their visit that anytime anyone needs anything done, Auntissie says "I'm on it!" You need to go shopping? "I'm on it!" You need someone to read with you? "I'm on it!"  She told me that this is why Auntissie is the very best kind of person. I couldn't agree more. (My sister had to point out to me what a good influence she is on my child. Frankly, I'm waiting for that "can do!" attitude to rub off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
 
Our project for the day was to create an Art Room for us! It was their family's Christmas present to us...
helping...
 You can kind of see what's going on here - a new fold-able table, some shelving, and a canvas drop-cloth for the floor.
 It was put to use right away, of course...painting in pajamas, a favorite around here.
More photos to share as we get more organized and settled-in. This is the kind of project I could have on my list for months before I'd set aside time to accomplish it; I'm so grateful for her help and motivation! The rest of the time was spent playing, talking, enjoying time together.
 Hiking to the Beaver Pond...(no beaver. lots of woodpeckers.)
It is always sad to say good-bye...we usually make sure there's a plan in place, so it's really only, "see you in November!", but this time we're a bit adrift with our knowing when...hoping for Spring.  Ani was lobbying for stowing away in Auntissie's departing car...they gave us their best puppy-dog eyes, pleading...
 Sorry, baby, not yet. Someday we'll put you on a train to your auntie's, but not yet...
Sisters! (can ya tell?!)
Until then, we'll take as many visits as we can get...

3 comments:

alissa said...

please note lucy's rabbit ears in that last picture....

Debbie said...

Crying I was by the end of this post - firstly because I'm SO happy for you and your girls to have such strong connections to family. Secondly for myself because I do not have that. I know I've said it here before - the gorgeousness of your (extended) family life is almost too much for me to take. I'm incredibly envious...but in such a good way. I am so happy to live vicariously through you and your sister, you and your cousins, the girls and their cousins. It's all sooooo wonderful. Love to you. xo

Kerry said...

Lovely. I wouldn't have noticed the rabbit ears, but sure enuf. They're perfect.