Monday, April 8, 2013

workin into april

Argh, when I get behind on here I miss so many nice moments in between the rumblings and the scramblings and the deep thinkings and the chewing of the inside of my lips...you do that too, right?


Ani completed an awesome little sewing project for a wee cousin.  It's new for her to have a completed project; she's pretty content to just keep working at it, but not worrying for the final outcome.  She felt really good about this though.




I capture these moments whenever I can.  I remind myself that they seem to come more frequently than they used to.


The woods are beginning to erupt with life. We're at the point where I feel like if we miss a day outside it will look like an entirely new season the next time we emerge.




quick hike with Jen and Ari
 Our friends-in-the-woods may have left for Texas (yes, it's true, they're still gone), but they left behind some wicked good card playin' daughters who are happy to come over with beaus in tow for lasagne and card play.




I'm not sure if it makes me miss them more or less when we see the girls, but we love that we still have a part of the family to spend time with...


Oh! And there was a little bit of foolin'! Yeah, we tried again - this time Ani was in on it, but still really wanted nothing to do with it.


Fake vomit! Is that a classic, or am I making that up? All over Dan's slippers.
He wasn't fooled for a second.


And the soaking up of Dan. Whenever and however. He's gone again, this time on interviews, so exciting and so nerve-wracking and we miss him, you know...

working on the blues, together

4 comments:

Dan said...

Would you be fooled by that vomit? That is a heck of a lot of vomit. Good target, though. Nothing gets me more than vomit in my slippers...

I love that sequence of three couples looking at each other.

Sweet.

Dan said...

Would you be fooled by that vomit? That is a heck of a lot of vomit. Good target, though. Nothing gets me more than vomit in my slippers...

I love that sequence of three couples looking at each other.

Sweet.

merry said...

As much as you love having 2 extra daughters around, I bet they (and their parents) love having family in town as well!! How great for all of you! Bon Merde to Dan!!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to pull the vomit trick on Ben. And the frozen oatmeal one. And then I'm going to do it to Christopher. And then everyone ELSE THAT I KNOW CAUSE IT IS SO GOOOOD!!!!

JRB