Friday, May 15, 2015

a virtual blessingway

You know, if I had my druthers, all of the people I love would live in the same small town. I could cook for them, we'd take long walks, and make each other laugh. We'd have support during our troubles and hands to lift us up when we needed some celebrating! So, some people I love are having a baby this summer, and they happen to be loved by a whole lot of people, and, wishing I could have them all over for a feast and some old fashioned ritual, I decided to throw them a virtual blessingway.  I asked the guests to consider joining me in a blessingway tradition of tying a red string around their wrists - to show solidarity, as my mom put it, with the birthing mama. So many gladly joined us, and getting their messages and photos has been really touching.  It's been the next best thing having our loved ones in our midst to bolster their strength and courage for this next chapter in their story, this virtual gathering of mamas, sisters, aunties, cousins, nieces, nephews, friends, and a grandma...

















Blessings, dear ones!

2 comments:

merry said...

These are so lovely!

Kerry said...

Thank you for this Debbie. I love it sooo much!