Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thoughtful Regard

forty is like a solid table with four legs,
an even surface,
and plenty of space for all of the beautiful things that
belong on tables.

* birthday wishes from my dear cousin, in Niger
**two portraits drawn by Eliza this morning, as I sat writing out a lesson for her - "Mama, you were so still, I could draw you!" - um, I would like to mention that while I definitely have a healthy distribution of facial fuzz, my "mustache" is not green. Nor is it prickly, says Anika.

5 comments:

alissa said...

LOVE them. and you.

Kerry said...

Impressive drawings!! Save them, save them!!

slim pickins said...

Kerry - she actually drew three, and she's letting me send one to Jessica...mustache and all.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you must save them or save photos of them!! They are priceless!

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

ugh... Anonymous is really me. :)