Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, dear Jessica...

We take a break in our normally scheduled programming to bring you...a quick note of love to Jessica Robin, beloved fairy god-belayer of our children, dear cousin and most amazing individual, who is turning 26 today somewhere on the other side of the planet. Well,  not just "somewhere" - a teeny village in Niger, to be a little more exact (please see the link to Jessica's peace-corps-adventuring blog to the right!).  And once in a while, because we live in a ca-RAZY time, she is able to get on a computer aalll the way over there and peek at our world here. SO - to Jessica: I just wanted to post a quick shot of the ways in which I honored you today, dearest you - some Amish fudge (courtesy of my sweet sister, who was just here), some crocheting (oh yes, that is a jar cozy in the back there...), and a pendant refound and restrung and reloved. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SENDING YOU HEAPS AND HEAPS OF LOVE, RIGHT NOW AND ABOUT EVERY THIRD MINUTE OF EVERY DAY (the ones not reserved for thinking about or making food and the quite frequent bum wiping that goes on around here. though i often mix sending you love with thinking about food, i really try to keep bum wiping all to itself.).  Light, love, rain, sprouts, growth, food, more love, warm wrinkled hands, big smiles, laughter, more rain, and much contentment be yours this year...

2 comments:

Merry said...

I want to add my wishes for a wonderful birthday, Jessica Robin! We'll be interested in hearing how you celebrated - did you save some sweets? Did you create a cake? Did you take a lovely walk? Did your village know of your event? Know that I'm thinking of you!!!
Aunt Merry

wrangellmountainwriters said...

fun, fun, fun...

I'm reading this blog for the first time and LOVING it. thanks so much for sharing. you've inspired me to update my ancient blospot... except, I can't find that dang cord that plugs the camera into the computadora AND, I'm all out of batteries anyway. Argh. The blessings and curses of technology.

We do love reading you! xxx Nancy C.

PS: My word verification for this comment is CONDMO which looks a lot like "condom", which, if I'd used them more carefully more often... I might not be in a position to be bloggin on my chillun...

Sorry if that was too much information. It's Thursday. End of the week day. Halleluljah and help me lord, the old braino is pretty much jello.