Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthday Visit

We were joined this week by my dad - a.k.a. "Morfar" - and his wife, Liz, or Gramma Liz. I joked that this birthday was significant enough that they felt they needed to come and hold my hand to make sure I got through it in one piece! It was so nice to have them here; there was hiking...
and some walking...
Dan took Friday to be with us, which was so lovely...
Dan and I got to go have lunch together at the Village Bakery and then take, well, another hike, but this time we were all by ourselves...and while we were enjoying the light rain that accompanied us, the girls and Gramma made a very large very yummy chocolate cake. My family then proceeded to attempt to burn the house down by actually putting 40 candles on the cake (the girls were in charge, with a recount by Dan - there were really 40 candles on that cake).
It was really nice to share a few days with them, and to take advantage of them being here to have some time alone! That in and of itself is a perfect gift.

No comments: