Friday, September 11, 2009

Makin' the most of the "flea day"

We had to be out of the house for the day, and so the girls and I decided to drive east to Parkersburg, WV. It was a lovely drive - Ohio is just beautiful, why is that such a surprise to me still? - and when we had crossed the Ohio River we found a small park at one of the town's highest points and ate our lunch with a view...
...and then did our best with the ancient playground equipment that furnished the park...

...then on to a large discount store that was recommended to me. I hate hate hate shopping, but we made the most of it, trying on the Halloween costumes...

...and then to The Mall (did I mention that I hate shopping? I get so depressed with the over-abundance of awful, cheaply made junk out there. A store that solely sells baseball hats? What???) with its promise of ice cream....

...and then home, to linger in the late afternoon sun, finding our greatest joy in the shadows...

2 comments:

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

wow! I love those shadow pics!!

I just caught up with your last few posts... I love seeing you all and am glad to see that everyone is feeling better now. :)

5 orange potatoes said...

Ohio sure is beautiful! I didn't realize how beautiful until I started blogging. I love all the golden colors against that gorgeous blue sky right now!

lisa