Saturday, October 31, 2009

Listening In

(in the car. of course.)

A: So....where did the first baby come from?
Me: Hm. That is a very good question...
E: Well, I am pretty sure it came from a gorilla.
Me: Really?! Wow. How did you figure that out?
E: Well, I saw a picture of a really super hairy man once who looked a lot like a gorilla.

(Me, wondering if we've ever really talked about this? Recall mentioning that humans are related to apes, but that was probably while looking at them at the zoo, and it's been a while since we've been to the----)

A: Hm. I am pretty sure the first baby was built by God.

Well, there we have it, the whole discussion from one end of the spectrum to the other.

***************

(in the woods, hiking.)

A: Eliza, I'm taking your kiss and saving it. In my mouth.
E: What? That's where you keep your kisses??
A: Yup. In my mouth.
E: Oh. I have a pouch. It's kind of way down inside and I'm not sure where, but it's there. My love pouch.
A: Yeah, well, sometimes I keep them in my nose. That's where my love pouch is, in my nose.

************

Then there were the hawks....and the mellow silence of a day in late fall.




(Photo by Anika)

6 comments:

merry said...

IN YOUR NOSE???? Well, my love pouch is in my cheek - the one you kiss when I come in the house!

Kerry said...

This is so funny. A perfect conversation on evolution/creationism! And love pouches, while you're at it.

Annie said...

"Oh. I have a pouch. It's kind of way down inside and I'm not sure where, but it's there. My love pouch."

<3 <3 <3

That's so lovely!

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

This is all so totally awesome.

Thanks for sharing the laughs and smiles and wonder!

spurfer said...

I am saving the kisses discussion. There's something so beautiful and profound in it - it deserves holding on to. :)

5orangepotatoes said...

HA, love it! this post killed me.......

lisa