Wednesday, August 24, 2011

happy happy...

 We had the best day yesterday, celebrating Dan's birthday! He and I spent the morning making fruit pies for a potluck we had last night - I am not a pie maker and he saved the day by dealing with rolling out the crusts...they were delicious.  We made food, went for a hike, listened to new music, and had good friends over to celebrate...so lovely. Happy birthday, love!
The shirt he's wearing was a present from us - one of a couple that we drew and stenciled this past week!
 The dragon was one I traced onto freezer paper from a drawing of Eliza's.  We added a few embellishments that we thought would make it look even cooler on an orange shirt - the eye and the flames - and then I cut it out with an exacto knife. Once I had it ironed onto the shirt, Eliza painted it.
There are definitely more of these in our future...

2 comments:

alissa said...

that turned out great! sounds like an awesome birthday. happy birthday dan!!!

merry said...

I LOVE, LOVE the dragon!!Wonderful picture and great team work! Lucky Papa! Happy Birthday, Dan!!