Sunday, January 25, 2015

Little Library check-in

(If I manage to write this blog post it will be a minor miracle.  Dan is listening to Philip Glass' Einstein on the Beach while simultaneously playing a clip from The Brady Bunch.  He is giggling, and I think my head might explode...)





I watched someone approach our house today, through the kitchen window, and I panicked for a moment, wondering, "Are they going to knock on the door? Are they going to talk to me about God? It is Sunday afterall..." but they were just checking the little library! I saw my first stranger taking a book this week, too.  I'm not exactly spying, but I was sitting at the desk and heard the creak of the door, and peeked outside to see a young woman I don't know taking a book and continuing down the street...Hee hee!! So happy. (It was a book I thought about borrowing myself - The Devil in the White City - but I hesitated too long and there it went. I have been thinking I need to shore up some good trash to make it through February, so maybe that's why Twilight has suddenly appeared...Coincidence or manifestation? You decide.)

4 comments:

Naudia and Eliza said...

Yay!!! :)

alissa said...

You've got some great books in there!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you!!
I am seriously considering making one... we get lots of foot traffic on our street.

Tokarz said...

Whaaaa!!! Phillip Glasss and The Brady Bunch!!!!